With advanced orthopaedic manual and manipulative physiotherapy training, Matt specializes in hands-on manual therapy treatments consisting of soft tissue release, trigger point therapy, joint mobilizations, and active release technique (ART). Individualized home exercise programs consisting of functional mobility, stretching, strengthening, balance, and/or coordination movements, combined with manual therapy techniques, are what make these treatments so effective.
Matt really knows his way around a needle. For those open to needling, he also offers Dry Needling/Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS). Although he has been fully certified in acupuncture for over a decade, Matt predominantly uses the dry needling/IMS technique in his clinical practice, as he feels the results are so tangible. Please consider booking in with one of our amazing acupuncturists to experience the powerful healing effects of acupuncture.
Whether you’re an athlete or have more of a sedentary lifestyle, Matt’s got your back (quite literally in some cases). For years Matt treated many professional athletes (NHL, AHL, NFL, & CFL) in their respective off-season, while practicing in Ontario. Although he’ll always have a space for you athletes and weekend warriors out there, his passion and caseload continue to grow with patients suffering from ongoing musculoskeletal issues. This could include the low back pain you’ve had for years, stiffness in your hips, tension headaches or just that pesky neck/shoulder tension that many of us carry around.
Ultimately, Matt is passionate about giving clients their power back. The experience you get with him will leave you with a whole toolbox of techniques that will help you long-term. Whether it is a new injury or something you have been battling with for years, Matt would love the opportunity to guide you along your path to recovery. Take care and thank you for your interest.
SERVICES & TECHNIQUES:
- Manual therapy (improving range of motion through joint mobilizations)
- Soft tissue release & active release technique (ART)
- Trigger point therapy
- Functional Dry Needling (FDN) & Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Exercise prescription: strengthening, stretching, & functional mobility
- Holistic approach: may include referral to other practitioners if needed, along with yoga and/or meditation suggestions
- Sports injuries & rehabilitation- professional & recreational athletes
- Taping & bracing
- Motor vehicle accidents & whiplash associated injuries
- Ongoing tension headaches & migraines
- Bachelor of Arts Honours Specialization in Kinesiology- Western University
- Master of Physical Therapy- Western University
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy- Western University
- Acupuncture Certification- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (CAFCI)
- Functional Dry Needling Certification- Kinetacore
- Concussion Management Certification- Shift Concussion Management Program
- Mulligan Concept Certification
- Custom Brace Fitting- DJO Canada
- Hockey and snowboarding in the winter
- Hiking, mountain biking, kiteboarding, and golfing in the summer